The 2023 ASA OC Biostatistics Symposium invites undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral trainees to submit a poster abstract for this meeting. The poster session at the symposium provides an excellent opportunity to promote the exchange of ideas and information and facilitate networking opportunities within the statistics community. Presenting a poster provides you an opportunity to showcase your work to industry as well as academic professionals.
For those interested in submitting a poster abstract for this meeting, please review the details below and submit your abstract via this form before August 21th. Poster abstract submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the Poster Committee.
Eligibility: Undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral trainees are all eligible, including students graduating during Summer 2023.
Topics: In the posters, the data applications should be from medical studies, including research in other fields such as environment and public policy with public health/medical components.
Date: Posters can be presented during Day 1 or Day 2 of the conference.
· All posters will be evaluated by the Poster Committee for awards in three categories – the best visualization, the best statistical analysis, and the best insight.
· Presenters should share their posters electronically before the conference for consideration.
· Awardees will be presented with a certificate from the Orange County Long Beach Chapter of the ASA during the conference.
· Deadline for abstract submission: August 11.
· Notification on poster presentation acceptance: August 25.
· Deadline to share poster electronically for award consideration: September 15.
· Poster size: Each poster will have a poster board 3'-by-4' standing on a tripod easel.
· Font size: 18 points is recommended.
· Preparing the poster: The following JSM link provides tips for poster presenters https://ww2.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2019/postertips.cfm#traditional.
· LaTeX template for posters will also be shared.
Abstract Submission: Poster submission deadline is closed
Registration: All poster presenters will be required to register for the conference; registration fees for 2023 Orange County Biostatistics Symposium will be waived for undergraduate and graduate students.
Contact: Please contact below if you have any questions.
Esra Kurum, Associate Professor
University of California, Riverside